Monday, April 25, 2016

It's amazing what you ...

It's amazing what you ... can accomplish when you don't have a choice!

Around 8:30 this morning I was thinking about how much I had to do today; or how much "burden" I had.  I started to feel bad for myself and wallow (gasp!)

Then I realized how much I had already accomplished by this hour of the day because I didn't have a choice.  They were just the things that were part of my routine or items that were injected into my day by outside forces ... meaning I didn't have a choice!  This is when I became more confident in my ability to get everything done (well most everything)!  I took a minute and thought about what I had done having been up for about three hours:

  • showered
  • shaved
  • made bed
  • did some work "work"
  • made an unplanned trip to the high school
  • talked to my dad
  • talked to my fiance
  • got interrupted while on the phone by my dad calling again, so talked to dad again
  • called the fiance back
  • made German Pancake batter
  • ate breakfast
  • made breakfast for my youngest
  • cleaned the kitchen
  • went back to my work "work"
  • and now ... I'm blogging

And shortly before writing this entry, I realized ... It's even more amazing what you can accomplish when you have goals/dreams and a plan (with margin built in for those things that might get "injected" into your day).  The rest of my day is planned out, I don't feel quite as overwhelmed (thought there is a lot to do still) and I can't wait to look back on today and count my accomplishments!

Have a great day!

No comments: