Thursday, August 20, 2015

You can never disappoint me ... if ...

You can never disappoint me ... if you always try your best,
        (Apply your skills)
You can never disappoint me ... if you always bring your passion to your projects,
        (Use your energy)
You can never disappoint me ... if you always keep learning,
        (Grow your brain)
You can never disappoint me ... if you always find a way to serve others,
        (Grow your heart)
You can never disappoint me ... if you have the courage of your convictions,
        (Be brave and strong)
You can never disappoint me ... if you have the discipline to do what you know needs to be done,
        (Work hard on the right things)
You can never disappoint me ... if you love others at least as much as you've been loved! 
        (Share your true wealth)

Someday I hope to share the above statements with my children.  I'm sure that they need reinforcement and while they don't show it ... my approval too.  My extended family and friends may even appreciate the above, why not be candid with them and let them know how I feel? After all, who isn't seeking the approval of others?  Who doesn't want to know what your expectations of them are?  

And today, I am sharing the above statement with my toughest critic ... Me!  I'm being honest with myself, I'm challenging myself, I'm setting expectations for myself!

Have a great day!
 

No comments: