Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Stopping is so much easier!

It's become quite obvious to me that stopping is easier than starting.  Even more obvious is that stopping is a million times easier than continuing!  I've started many times in life (this blog being just one example); and I've started over many times too!  The reason to start something over is either because that something is important to me or because I think it should be important and is worthy of trying again.

Since I am have no problem starting "things" and I have no problem re-starting "things", it's logical that where I fall down is in the area of continuing.  Perhaps we all fall short in this area?

No doubt that in my case it's because I lose focus on my "why" ... or worse, maybe I wasn't as passionate or as interested in "it" as I thought I was?  Maybe my "why" wasn't BIG enough to push away all the other distractions in life?

For 2019, I am making my primary goal to be honest with myself about my "why's" (a.k.a. my level of passion).  As a secondary goal I am going to focus on creating a cadence and building momentum so that I can create the good habit of continuing.  This coming year will be the year that I will continue towards my goals with purpose ... and if I stop doing something it too will be with purpose.

Happy New Year and God Bless!

No comments: